- 1. Respond to inquiries regarding filming in Okinawa
- 2. Provide information about locations (assist location scout)
- 3. Provide materials related to filming (except application form for permit)
- 4. Attend and support location scout
- 5. Assist in negotiations regarding filming in public space
- 6. Provide information and assist filming permit procedures
- 7. Assist to get consent and cooperation of local people for shooting
- 8. Cooperate recruiting extra by website and email
- 9. Invite industry professionals for location(scenario)scout
- 1. Attend shooting
- 1. Present and promote at film markets, etc.
- 2. Create screening opportunities
- 3. Create promotional tools and distributing information of film
We provide consultation and respond to inquiries regarding filming in Okinawa and filming locations.
We do not conduct research or provide information on ambiguous topics such as interesting people or trendy stores.
We serch and suggest locations that match your project and provide inforation.
If required, we can provide photographs or maps of locations.
Where possible, we can accompany you during location scouting.
We assist with negotiations regarding filming in public places.
- Final decisions with regard to filming permission rest with the managers of the specific facilities.
- Private facilities or stores may request payment for permission to film on their property; in such cases, please consult with the owner directly.
We provide information about the application process for permission to film in public places and assist with filming coordination.
We cannot submit permission applications on your behalf.
We work with municipalities, tourism associations, private location coordinators, and film companies, requesting cooperation with filming, assisting with coordination, and introducing you to people who can help.
If required, we can help you place advertisements for volunteer extras (Okinawa location filming supporters).
- We cannot organize extras.
- We can, however, request extras’ cooperation.
Where possible, we can accompany you on visits to locations. As needed, we can assist with negotiations, coordination, and making sure that a location is returned to its original state after filming.
- We request that you purchase insurance covering any accidents which may occur during filming.
- Please clean up and return the location to its original state after filming.
In addition to providing support during filming, Okinawa Film Office is involved in various business development activities, such as promoting movies filmed in Okinawa and encouraging filmmakers to film in Okinawa.
In order to encourage filmmakers to film in Okinawa and promote movies filmed in Okinawa, we run exhibition booths at markets in other prefectures and overseas.
We take advantage of opportunities to screen movies filmed in Okinawa both in Japan and abroad, and host promotional events.
We conduct business activities that enable more people to see movies filmed in Okinawa and short films shot by Okinawan directors.
In addition to sharing information via our website, we also share information about our business and filming locations on Instagram and Facebook. Additionally, we create promotional tools such as a location map showing where in Okinawa various movies were filmed.