- 1. Response to inquiries regarding filming locations
- 2. Selection of locations, provision of information about locations (location scouting assistance)
- 3. Provision of materials related to filming locations
- 4. Accompaniment during location scouting
- 5. Assistance in negotiations regarding filming in public places
- 6. Coordination of, provision of information regarding, and assistance with filming permission procedures
- 7. Requesting of local people’s permission
- 8. Extra scouting
- 1. Accompaniment to filming locations
- 1. Exhibition at and participation in markets, etc.
- 2. Movie screenings and promotion
- 3. Screening opportunity creation
- 4. Information sharing and creation of promotional tools
- 5. Invitation of film industry professionals
We provide consultation and respond to inquiries regarding filming in Okinawa and filming locations.
We do not conduct research or provide information on ambiguous topics such as interesting people or trendy stores.
We look for locations that match your image, select or suggest locations, and provide information about locations.
If required, we can provide photographs or maps of locations.
Where possible, we can accompany you during location scouting.
We assist with negotiations regarding filming in public places.
- Final decisions with regard to filming permission rest with the managers of the specific facilities.
- Private facilities or stores may request payment for permission to film on their property; in such cases, please consult with the owner directly.
We provide information about the application process for permission to film in public places and assist with filming coordination.
We cannot submit permission applications on your behalf.
We work with municipalities, tourism associations, private location coordinators, and film companies, requesting cooperation with filming, assisting with coordination, and introducing you to people who can help.
If required, we can help you place advertisements for volunteer extras (Okinawa location filming supporters).
- We cannot organize extras.
- We can, however, request extras’ cooperation.
Where possible, we can accompany you on visits to locations. As needed, we can assist with negotiations, coordination, and making sure that a location is returned to its original state after filming.
- We request that you purchase insurance covering any accidents which may occur during filming.
- Please clean up and return the location to its original state after filming.
In addition to providing support during filming, Okinawa Film Office is involved in various business development activities, such as promoting movies filmed in Okinawa and encouraging filmmakers to film in Okinawa.
In order to encourage filmmakers to film in Okinawa and promote movies filmed in Okinawa, we run exhibition booths at markets in other prefectures and overseas.
We take advantage of opportunities to screen movies filmed in Okinawa both in Japan and abroad, and host promotional events.
We conduct business activities that enable more people to see movies filmed in Okinawa and short films shot by Okinawan directors.
In addition to sharing information via our website, we also share information about our business and filming locations on Instagram and Facebook. Additionally, we create promotional tools such as a location map showing where in Okinawa various movies were filmed.
We invite filmmakers thinking of filming in Okinawa or those looking for a location for their movies to visit Okinawa and see the locations for themselves.